How to make popcorn on the hob
In this video recipe, we will demonstrate how to make popcorn on the hob using Gourmet Popping Corn by ZaraMama. It's an easy classic method using 100% GMO free popcorn. Perfect for parties and as a lunchtime snack.
|2 minutes (max)
- 90g ZaraMama Gourmet Popping Corn (any variety)
- 15ml - 30ml of oil (any variety such as sunflower)
Add 15ml to 30ml of oil to a pot with a lid. You can use common oils such as sunflower, rapeseed, or vegetable.
Add kernels to the pot and shake to evenly coat in oil.
Switch on the hob to a medium flame or heat setting and cook popcorn until popping slows to about 2 seconds per pop.
When popping has finished, empty the popcorn into a large bowl, add seasoning to taste, shake, and enjoy.
We opted for seasoning with freshly ground sea salt; however, there are many more ways to add flavour to your popcorn.
- Sweet - Add sugar or drizzle honey with a little butter
- Spicy - Add salt and butter plus a pinch of chilli powder for a spicy kick
- Tangy - Add a pinch of chilli powder with freshly squeezed lime juice for a citrus tang with a kick